Protect-Air Inflatable Packaging
The Fastest Growing Packaging Product – Protect-Air Inflatable Packaging
Why has Protect-Air inflatable packaging become the fastest growing packaging product when the world has become determined to go-green? Paper has been the undeniable king in shipping packaging, particularly for void fill and interior protective packaging, but it has changed for several reasons. Protect-Air inflatable packaging has proven itself to be economical and remarkably effective when it comes to product protection. Finally, when viewed from different perspectives, it is an environment-friendly solution.
Contact Inflatable Packaging at (203)426-2900
What is Protect-Air Inflatable Packaging?
Protect-Air inflatable packaging are basically plastic bags or pillows inflated with air. The air is forced into the plastic bag through the use of a specially designed piece of equipment. The equipment is designed with specific volume usage requirements.
To minimize inbound shipping costs and carbon footprint, the packaging is delivered un-inflated. This is a drastic difference from other solutions such as pre-inflated bubble packaging or loose-fill products like foam peanuts. As a bonus, un-inflated bags can be stored requiring extraordinarily little space in your warehouse or at your packing stations.
Protect-Air inflatable packaging is waterproof, which eliminates the “musty” smell often associated with some paper void fill products. Their fill weight is noticeably light, thus particularly important in reducing shipping costs. Additionally, they are versatile and can be reused many times, over extended periods which is great from an economic and environmental point of view.
The unfortunate effects on human hands, of paper products, are paper cuts or more serious repetitive motion type injuries. These conditions are eliminated, and the surrounding area is practically dust-free.
Common Yet Very Different Applications for Protect-Air Inflatable Packaging
The applicable uses for Protect-Air inflatable packaging are common, but could not be more different:
- Void Fill — Shipping boxes are often larger than the products contained therein. The extra, or “air”, space is easily filled with Protect-Air inflatable packaging. If the box is sized correctly, then a minimum number of inflatable pillows will be needed.
- Blocking and Bracing — This application is necessary with the product is heavy, possibly fragile, and often of high value. Shifting is anticipated, thus the objective becomes one of immobilization during shipment. Depending on the weight and size of the product being shipped an increase in the gauge or design of the Protect-Air inflatable packaging may be required.
Sustainable Protect-Air Inflatable Packaging Options
Protect-Air inflatable packaging options are many, from formulations to sizes and gauges. However, there are a few fundamental differences and points to consider:
- Biodegradable vs Recycled — When using the gauge for comparison, recycled plastic tends to be a little less expensive than the typical biodegradable formulations. It all boils down to preference.
- Recyclability — Yes, Protect-Air inflatable packaging is recyclable, however, they will eventually wear out or deflate.
- Size and Shape — Popular or stock products, like the 4″ X 8″ inflatable pillow, are regularly available. However, stock products are not feasible for unique needs. Surprisingly, custom size and shape products are not as uncommon or expensive as one might think. Ask one of our experts for more information.
Read more about our customization options.
Protect-Air Inflatable Packaging – Changing the Way Shipping is Done
Reach out to the experts at Inflatable Packaging where air meets technology. You can contact us at (203)426-2900 or complete our simple online request form.